ePIN is an end-to-end software solution that allows a financial institution to issue or change the PIN of their customers electronically, based on the split-knowledge principle.
The ePIN Solution is implemented within the PCI zone of the issuing organization and the auditor examines the end-to-end process of issuing, including PIN delivery. Given the long experience and extended technical expertise on security best practices and PCI DSS compliance, the ePIN solution has been designed “from the ground up” to take into account PCI DSS requirements and Card Schemas standards for secure transmission of PINs via electronic methods, and delivers maximum possible security in its implementation, operation and administration.
- Considerable cost savings from paper, printing equipment, maintenance and postal expenses
- Fast implementation
- Speed – card holder no longer has to wait for days for their PIN mailers to be delivered, making the solution ideal for instant issuing
- PIN delivery is made with maximum security
- Easy adaptation to bank systems & workflows
- Simplifies the card activation process for card holders, simultaneously providing an increased sense of security
- Improves Eco profile – no paper is used